ISC Brings Custom Shaped Signs with our new CNC Router
Impact Sign Co. has a new toy! We are so excited, nervous, but excited. A CNC Router is a big deal to us. We now have better control over the cost, the production time and the quality. This is a big deal to us AND you, our clients.
1. So what router did we get and how does this benefit you?
Well we are the brand new owners of a Laguna Tools SmartShop MT. What does that mean in English? Well a CNC Router is a router that is controlled by a computer program, versus a traditional router which someone manual moves to create the desired shape, hole or slot. With a CNC Router, we take the manual operation out of the equation and utilize a special design software to create any shape or design you need. And with it being in our own shop, our projects are always the first priority versus working with a third party.
Here is even a cool video of the first time our CNC router was in action!
2. So really what does this mean to me? What product materials can you actually cut?
To make it easy for you here is a nice list of some of the best products that we can use with our new machine.
- Wood, regular old fashioned wood
- MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard)
- Plywood, HDO and MDO
- Corrugated Plastic (Coroplast)
- Sign Foam
- Aluminum/Plastic Composite (DiBond, AllumaCorr, Graphic-Al)
Benefits for you, our clients:
- Precision fabrication allows the creation of high quality signs
- Sign designs can be saved and repeated later
- Can be used to create signs using a variety of materials
- Reduces project costs by improving project efficiency and automation
- Enables the sign designer’s creativity
- Reduces waste
- Allows faster fabrication and delivery of signs
3. Ok so give me some ideas of what I can make now.
Honestly the world is your oyster now in terms what we can make with our new toy. However, immediate applications include:
- Logo for your lobby or office
- Apartment or office suite numbers
- ADA signs
- Monument Signs
- Real Estate Starbursts & Call Outs
- Anything you need or want a three dimensional look for.
4. Can I only cut things out or can you make those signs that have one color on the top layer and the inside of the material is another color?
We have a cool material that works with our rotary engraving tool for our CNC Router that when we engrave into a material called Rowmark, it will give you dimensional look all on one solid sheet. And no it isn’t only metal, it is plastic based as well. So you can get some really impactful color combinations. You usually see this for wayfinding signs in office buildings, hotels, apartments, etc.
We are so excited to start designing and creating samples to bring around to show you guys. And if anyone wants to bring in a project for us to try out some new materials, that would be even better. We can’t wait to see what we can make for you to help you make an event bigger IMPACT.